Having a puppy is so exciting! Their development week-by-week is vital during their first year of life. Having a plan in place for their training as well as their socialization is the key to your best dog!
Age 7-9 Weeks
- Book your first vet visit and continue your schedule and puppy-proofing. Remember consistency is key; do not give in if your puppy is fussy
- Take your dog outside in the carrier and introduce them to the sounds and smells of your neighborhood.
- Once your dog is cleared by your vet, you may begin socialization in a monitored environment like Biscuits & Bath
Age 9-12 Weeks
- Implement regular training into your schedule with a Trainer, this is when your dog is first able to start learning at a higher level.
- Begin working on name recognition, rewarding and giving attention for the right behaviors, and discuss training plan with a Trainer.
- Bring your dog for their first partial day of daycare with their first brush-out. It’s important to establish positive association with their first grooming, i.e., cleaning of the pads, trimming of the paws and nail trim.
Age 13-16 Weeks
- Schedule a one on one session with your Trainer to create a new schedule for outside potty training as well as chewing / teething.
- Your dog will become more independent and willful, pay close attention to where and when.
- Schedule training time for basic obedience.
- Begin regular socialization at Biscuits & Bath and daily walks from home, a regular schedule is key.
Age 16+ Weeks
- Create an on-going training schedule with your Trainer on all adolescent behaviors such as nipping, jumping, potty training, and leash behavior.