If your dog has been in for surgery, you know how difficult it is to keep them relaxed and calm. In the day or two following surgery, recovery can be high maintenance for pet owners. There are timed medications, monitoring, and oftentimes an e-collar. Your pet's mood might be different, and they might need a little more than you can give. We know how tough it can be on a caregiver, and we've heard your concerns. We can offer you the peace of mind and the opportunity to increase your beloved pet's standard of care. It's our hope to relieve you of the worry and extra duties that come with surgeries. That way, when your pet comes home, he'll be back to his old self again – and will be even more excited to see you!
Our post-surgery recovery program offers an enhanced boarding option that includes medical care during your pet's recovery from surgery.
Our Medically Supervised Boarding Option Includes The Following:
Dedicated Staff and On-Site Vet
Monitoring of Wound and Wound Care if Needed
Around the Clock Oversight of Your Pet
In the Unlikely Event of an Emergency, Increased Monitoring and Rapid Response Care
Socialization with Other Dogs and Extended Play Time When Ready
Complete Care for Your Dog Under One Roof
We believe in this system, not only because it's a part of the services we want to offer you as a pet owner, but also because we want to offer a full care package to your pet. Their surgery anxiety and any chance of a negative reaction will be lowered due to comfort with our facilities, associates, and standard of care.
For dogs with special needs, you can be assured that any other necessary medications will be administered, and monitoring for reactions or out of character responses will result in even more individualized care. If there's an extenuating circumstance, we will communicate with you quickly. Your dog doesn't need to be off of his or her regular schedule with us because of surgery. It's all a part of Biscuits & Bath's Total Wellness Approach.
What Will Happen Over the Next Two Weeks?
- You will receive your surgery paperwork within 48 hours of your appointment. Call or email us if you have not received it or have any additional questions. Tel: (212) 419-2500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the surgery paperwork, provided by the vet team and email it back to us 24-hours prior to appointment. Email: email@example.com
- Schedule a pre-op bath/grooming the day prior to surgery. Dogs will not be allowed to get wet with stitches.
- Schedule post-op boarding so your dog may stay in our supervised care while he recovers. Enjoy 24-hour supervision, on-staff vet, and individual walks.
- Do not give food or water after midnight, the night before the exam.
- Receive a post-op call when your dog is awake from anesthesia. Post-op email update that evening, after 6p. Call or email us if you have not heard from us. Tel: (212) 419-2500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule your post-op exam seven days after the surgery.
- Schedule a post-op grooming for your dog for seven days after the exam & after clearance from the vet.